In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||Walking||1|| 2:00:00|| 1.0||(2:00:02)|| 1.61||(1:14:35)|
| ||Orienteering||1|| 1:44:38|| 6.05||(17:18)|| 9.74||(10:45)|| 241||25 /||25c||100%|
| ||Total||2|| 3:44:38|| 7.05||(31:52)|| 11.35||(19:48)|| 241||25 /||25c||100%|
| ||[1-5]||1|| 1:44:38|
|averages - sleep:7|
First team to get maps. No one can stop us.
Might get three hours of sleep....
slept:7.0 (rest day)
I should taper less. I get glum when I don't exercise. Granted, this was not all intentional, life has been busy. But I have a/c again at the house. Hooray!
Rage Prep Reflections
I used the report function to look at what I did since the Monday after the last Rage and my crushing defeat.
* 1000 miles on the bike. Not bad, I'll take it
* 85 hours of orienteering. Probably my best move.
* ~550 controls.
* ~500 miles on foot (includes the 85 o hours). Not enough running (only 115 excluding orienteering). Probably fine for a slow paced AR, not so good for my o career.
* 14 km of climb
What I think I would do different is bike more in the late fall - I lost a month or so when the red bike started to fail. I would also do more USGS practice on more difficult terrain. I did get out for two rogaines and a couple local practice sessions, but those were in hillier sections. I think I am starting to get a handle on bigger features, but when it gets fussier, I fall apart.
And I should also figure out the diet situation - still 20 lbs too fat for ideal race weight. And I drank too much soda. And I really, really want a soda right now.
Barring disaster I should be able to power through physically, especially at our pace. I think I am a better navigator than I was. Is it good enough to make up for the pace? Will I be able to get to just one or two minor mistakes instead of the ~hour lost last year? I sure hope so, but no guarantees.
Thinking of putting the o lessons back to just during the summer - so much easier to schedule.
Walking 2:00:00  1.0 mi (2:00:02 / mi)
Finally baled the hay around my house. Good timing too, as Dog #2 was starting to get lost out there.
Orienteering 1:44:38  6.05 mi (17:18 / mi) +241m 15:23 / mi
spiked:25/25c shoes: Inov8 Roclite 319
White Ultralong at Peach Mountain with dear wife. I tried to study the terrain and as much as I could see from the trails. Thinking about hosting here early in the fall, then doing night o late in the season. I could easily scout PM up during the summer, maximizing the least green parts.
- May 19 [0w, 1d]: N - SMOC - 2013 Spring Bishop Lake
- May 26 [1w, 1d]: Y - SMOC - 2013 Spring Yankee Springs
- Jun 15 [4w, 0d]: ? - SmartBlast 6 Hour
- Jul 20 [9w, 0d]: Y - Summer Fury Sprint Adventure Races
- Aug 17 [13w, 0d]: ? - Wilderness Traverse
- Aug 24 [14w, 0d]: ? - The Thunder Rolls 12hr/24hr
- Sep 21 [18w, 0d]: ? - Dances With Dirt - 100 km team relay; 50M or 50k trail ultras
- Sep 28 [19w, 0d]: Y - Grampian Challenge Mountain Bike Race
- Oct 19 [22w, 0d]: ? - Night O at South Chagrin Reservation
- Nov 9 [25w, 0d]: ? - Sleepy Hollow 12 hr ROGAINE
- Dec 7 [29w, 0d]: Y - December Chill
- Dec 31 [32w, 3d]: ? - Get Lost!! in Hoosier National Forest
- Apr 4, 2014 [45w, 6d]: ? - OCIN Flying Pig XVIII
all weeks |